As a reminder effective 1/1/2020, the State of Minnesota minimum wage rates will once again increase to the following:
PROVISION RATE & RATE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2020
- Large Employer Wage $10.00/HOUR
- Small Employer Wage $8.15/HOUR
- 90-day Training Wage (Under 20 years of age) $8.15/HOUR
- Youth Wage (Under 18 years of age) $8.15/HOUR
A large employer is any employer with annual gross sales of $500,000 or more. The gross sales limitations are calculated based on the four most recent quarters, not on a calendar or fiscal year.
Download this information (pdf): 2020 Minimum Wage Rates
For additional information, please refer to the MN Department of Labor and Industry website:
- Or contact them with specific questions at (651) 284-5070.
As your payroll provider, we are not able to determine the appropriate minimum wage rate for your employees, but are willing to help any way we can. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Happy Holidays from the Team at Associated Payroll Services